What is a Certified Arborist? An Arborist is a person who has taken an extensive test and has years of verifiable experience. An Arborist has the knowledge and ability when it comes to the care of your beloved trees. An Arborist will be able to properly diagnose your trees defect and look for tell tale signs that your tree is ill.
So why hire an Arborist? When you invest your money into an Arborist you will be guaranteed of the works outcome. There will be no tree survey guessing games involved and a treatment plan will be laid out and explained to you. An Arborist will hold their ground when it comes to a suggestion you may make that will not benefit your trees health.
Here are the top 5 reasons you should hire an Arborist instead of somebody who may think they can treat your trees.
1) The biggest benefit is you are getting knowledge and skill. An Arborist has a vast amount of knowledge in all aspects of tree care. He can answer questions clearly and precisely without having to take a guess. He/she will make suggestions to you as a homeowner on how to better your trees health. An Arborist will not just show up and take your money for an inferior service. Every Arborist has to take an oath for the International Society of Arboriculture to ensure he will uphold all standards of the tree care industry.
2) A Certified Arborist will have all proper insurances in order to work on your property. This is a risk you can not afford to take because you can be held liable for any accident that may occur on your property including injury or death.
3) An Arborist will have all proper equipment to do whatever task is necessary. A little known fact is that if a pruning tool is used on a diseased tree and then used on a healthy tree; the disease can be spread this way. An arborist will always have clean sharp tools to make precise cuts and protect against the spread of pathogens.
4) A Certified Arborist will have many references you can call and check. This is to satisfy you as the customer and also give the Arborist a better reputation. These references will be available upon request, so request them!
5) You will save money! Although hiring a Certified Arborist may cost you a little extra at first, you will save a ton of money in the long run. By paying for the right treatment you are guaranteed to fix the problem. You can hire someone else to work on your tree but then you run the risk of having to have extra work done down the road because of an inferior job. Be smart and hire the professional.
So, the next time you suspect your tree needs help call your local Arborist. Do not try to be cheap and hire someone who claims they know it all, if they knew it all then they too would be certified. I personally promise you that you will get your money worth and satisfaction!